Contribute to The Bostonian SocietyProviding public history since 1881 as one of the first museums on the Freedom Trail.
Thank you for supporting quality public history!
Ways to Make a DonationOnline:
The Bostonian Society
206 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02109
By Telephone: Heather Rockwood, 617-720-1713, ext. 16
Your gift helps us:
- Provide meaningful interpretation of the Old State House, one of the most significant buildings in American History;
- Educate over 100,000 visitors a year from Boston and beyond;
- Preserve priceless artifacts in our collections dating back to the 17th-century.
Preserving the Old State House, built in 1713, has been part of the Bostonian Society's mission for over 130 years. Each year, with your support, the Bostonian Society
invests $1 million to the care and maintenance of the city owned building. The Preservation Fund supports the needed repairs of this National Landmark such as:
- Restoration of the historic balcony, where the Declaration of Independence
was read to Bostonians in 1776;
- Repairs and restoration of the building's tower, once the highest view in
- Repairs to the window and door casements, from which our forefathers looked out on the Town and debated laws.
The Bostonian Society is a qualified organization as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your gift to the Preservation Fund is tax deductable to the fullest
extent allowed by law. Thank you!
Contribute to the Preservation Fund
The Annual Fund is a vital source of income for the organization. A gift to the Annual Fund will help further the Society's mission of sharing the
story of our city with as broad and diverse a public as possible. Your donation can help us provide these engaging public programs for
Boston residents and visitors:
- Unique daily tours: The Boston Massacre Tour, Revolutionary Tour, and various themed tours;
- Guy Fawkes Pub Night (November), Massacre Day Reenactments (March), and School-vacation week activites.
- Revolutionary Characters, an interactive way for all of our visitors to
experience the famous and infamous persons that walked the streets of 18th century Boston.
The Bostonian Society is a qualified organization as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your gift to the Annual Fund is tax deductable to the fullest
extent allowed by law. Thank you!
Contribute to the Annual Fund
GIVE A GIFT OF STOCK
Gifts of stock are one of the most popular ways to give a gift to the Bostonian Society.
We would be pleased to discuss this option with you and help you or your brokerage firm make the necessary arrangements.
For more information, contact Linda Atlas by telephone at 671-720-1713 ext. 15 or by email.
DOUBLE YOUR MONEY!
A matching gift from your company will assist the Bostonian Society in its mission of preserving Boston's 18th-century history and sharing it with a broad and diverse public.
Many companies will match gifts made to non-profit organizations. Please ask your employer for eligibility requiresments, guidelines, and the appropriate matching gift forms. Once you have received the matching gift form from your employer, complete the employee portion of the form, and we will do the rest!
BECOME A MEMBER
CELEBRATE OR HONOR A HISTORY LOVER
Donate to the Bostonian Society on behalf of your loved one who loves history! The Bostonian Society can mail an acknowledgement of your gift to you, and a
notification to the person honored by your gift (or to the family of a person memorialized by your gift).
Contact Heather Rockwood at 617-720-1713, ext. 16 for more information.