Jobs - Full-Time
Full Time Salaried Exempt Position
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
The Communications Associate works with the Director of Development and Communications to coordinate the communications and public relations activities for the Bostonian Society and Old State House.
The incumbent, working with the Director of Development and Communications, is responsible for coordinating and managing the organization's communications with its various audiences and constituents.
- Serving as the point person for media inquiries including filming requests;
- Managing all public relations projects, including the preparation and issuance of press releases and promotional or informational material;
- Providing marketing support for programs, exhibitions and other projects sponsored by the History Department and the Development Department;
- Working with designated staff organization-wide to ensure seamless and timely communications;
- Writing and editing content, producing, and ensuring the timely issuing of the monthly e-newsletter, The Exchange and special mass e-mails;
- Managing the Society's social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, and
- Updating and maintaining the website;
- Coordinating and Managing a website redesign;
- Collaborating with the Director of Public History, designers, printers, and other staff members to manage the production of the Society's magazine,
Proceedings of the Bostonian Society;
- Assisting the Development team with all member and donor relations communications(brochures, fact sheets and mailings);
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities ordinarily require:
- One or more years of relevant experience in communications and PR;
- A BA degree or equivalent experience. Interest in American history is a plus;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite software;
- Basic skills with iContact, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- Basic skills in HTML;
- Detail oriented;
- Discretion with sensitive information.
Term Appointment: This is a grant-supported position, currently funded only for one year with expectation of renewal.
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Heather Leet by email.
Jobs - Part-Time
There are no part-time jobs available at this time.