Jobs - Full-Time
There are no full-time jobs available at this time.
Jobs - Part-Time
Education AssociateReports to: Museum Programs Manager
Part time position at the Old State House Museum for outgoing individuals who enjoy history and working with the public. Education Associates are the public face of the museum and each year, Education Associates have a direct impact on the experience of over 100,000 visitors from around the world.
- Interpret the history and significance of the Old State House to visitors
through every interaction and create a positive museum-going experience for every visitor;
- Give daily tours about the building and other Revolutionary topics and support programming for school groups;
- Maintain a presence in the galleries to answer questions, engage visitors and monitor the security of our building and collections;
- Assist the History Department through special projects, including the
creation of new tours, research assistance, and exhibition development;
- Light daily exhibition maintenance;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from or currently enrolled in a BA program in History, Education or related field;
- Strong public speaking and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated interest in history, education and/or the museum field;
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced team in a high-energy environment;
- Some Education or Museum experience preferred;
- Ability to function physically in a multi-story historic building with no elevator;
- Weekend availability required.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and letter of interest to Kathleen Mulvaney, Museum Programs Manager. No phone calls, please.