Jobs - Full-Time
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Jobs - Part-Time
This is a part time position at the Old State House Museum for outgoing individuals who enjoy history and working with the public. Education Associates are the public face of the Old State House and each year Education Associates have a direct impact on the museum experience of over 100,000 visitors from around the world.
- Interpret the history and significance of the Old State House to visitors through every interaction and create a positive museum-going experience for every visitor;
- Facilitate tours of the Old State House and other 18th century topics;
- Support educational programs such as student and adult groups;
- Provide outstanding customer service by maintaining a presence in the galleries, engaging visitors, and monitoring the security of our building and collections;
- Assist the History Department through special projects, including the creation of new tours, research assistance, and exhibition development;
- Light daily exhibition maintenance;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from or currently enrolled in a BA program in history, education, museum studies, or related field;
- Excellent presentation skills for public audiences, both in one-on-one and group formats;
- Friendly, positive attitude and a passion for working with the public;
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences;
- Demonstrated interest in history, museum education, or public history;
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced team in a high-energy environment;
- Some education or museum experience preferred;
- Ability to function physically in a multi-story historic building with no elevator;
- Candidates must have a flexible weekday schedule and weekend availability is required. Tuesday and Sunday availability preferred.
- Salary: $12.00 per hour
How to Apply
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to:
Katie Drescher, Museum Education Manager
No phone calls, please.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
The Bostonian Society operates the Old State House and maintains a library and archives. We rely on the skills and dedication of the volunteers and interns who generously share their enthusiasm and expertise.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Bostonian Society, please fill out and return the application to our volunteer coordinator by email or by mail to 206 Washington Street, Boston, MA, 02109. If you are applying for an internship, please follow the directions outlined in the specific posting. Contact the volunteer coordinator at (617) 720-1713 ext. 100 or by email with any questions.
There are currently no Volunteer and Internship Opportunities.