You can make a difference.
Join us in:
• Providing meaningful interpretation of the Old State House,
one of the most significant buildings in American History;
• Educating over 100,000 visitors a year from Boston and beyond;
• Preserving artifacts in our collections dating back to the 17th-century.
Ways to get involved:
Join our Mailing List
Stay up to date on our latest programs and projects. You will receive our monthly e-newsletter, The Exchange, in addition to special offers and program announcements. Sign up by clicking the button below.
Preserving the Old State House, built in 1713, has been part of the Bostonian Society's mission for over 130 years. Each year, with your support, the Bostonian Society invests about $1 million in the care and maintenance of this city-owned building. The Preservation Fund supports needed repairs of this National Landmark, such as:
- Restoration of the historic balcony, where the Declaration of Independence
was read to Bostonians in 1776;
- Repairs and restoration of the building's tower, once the highest point in
- Repairs to the window and door casements, from which our forefathers looked out on the Town and debated laws.
The Bostonian Society is a qualified organization as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your gift to the Preservation Fund is tax deductable to the full extent allowed by law. Thank you!
The Annual Fund is a vital source of support for the organization. A gift to the Annual Fund will further the Society's mission of sharing the story of our city with as broad and diverse a public as possible. Your donation can help us provide a variety of engaging public programs for Boston residents and visitors, such as:
- Unique daily tours on the Boston Massacre, the Revolution in Boston, and various special themed tours;
- Guy Fawkes Pub Night (November), Massacre Day reenactments (March), and school-vacation week activities.
- Revolutionary Characters, an interactive experience for all of our visitors with the famous (and infamous) persons who walked the streets of 18th-century Boston.
The Bostonian Society is a qualified organization as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your gift to the Annual Fund is tax deductable to the full extent allowed by law. Thank you!
GIVE A GIFT OF STOCK
Gifts of stock are one of the most popular ways to give a gift to the Bostonian Society. We would be pleased to discuss this option with you and help you or your brokerage firm make the necessary arrangements.
For more information, contact Lisa Goldstein by telephone at 671-720-1713 ext. 15 or by email.
DOUBLE YOUR MONEY!
A matching gift from your company will assist the Bostonian Society in its mission of preserving Boston's 18th-century history and sharing it with a broad and diverse public.
Many companies will match gifts made to non-profit organizations. Please ask your employer for eligibility requirements, guidelines, and the appropriate matching gift forms. Once you have received the matching gift form from your employer, complete the employee portion of the form, and we will do the rest!
BECOME A MEMBER
CELEBRATE OR HONOR A HISTORY LOVER
Donate to the Bostonian Society on behalf of your loved one who loves history! The Bostonian Society can mail an acknowledgement of your gift to you, and a notification to the person honored by your gift (or to the family of a person memorialized by your gift).
Contact the Development Associate at 617-720-1713, ext. 16 for more information.
Preserve the history of the Old State House for future generations through a bequest. Learn more by clicking the link above.